Wednesday, July 13, 2011

To Mac or Not to Mac...That is the Question


My computer is nearly on its last leg, and I've been pondering what my next machine will be. Of course, I salivate when looking at the Apple's Macbook line, but then I start looking at the prices and remember that I'm living on a working girl's salary! Pricing aside, I believe that the Macbook Pro may be joining the ranks of my now defunct line-up of laptops because I need something for more than just computing power. Since laptops and other mobile devices are becoming the latest "must-have-even-if-I-don't-know-how-to-use-it" accessories, I need something that's aesthetically pleasing. I like the word aesthetically, by the way. Bottom line, although I need functionality, I want a pretty laptop. Is that too much to ask for? Are laptops pretty? Maybe I'll check with the Geek Squad at work and see if they can find me a better term for a laptop that looks great! I don't know if it's safe to approach them since the last conversation that I had revolved around the new version of Ubuntu. I love technology, and I'm surrounded by it every day, but I don't think I want to gloat over the new user interface of Ubuntu. It does look amazing though!

No comments:

Post a Comment