Monday, March 28, 2011

My Amazing Discovery

I normally try to eat breakfast so that I won't have a ravenous appetite by lunch time and eat up all of my food, my co-workers' food, and anyone else's food who's in my path. Despite my reluctance to admit it, I also eat breakfast because I sometimes can hear my mom's annoyingly harsh loice saying, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You won't be able to think if you don't eat, Sheenika." I'm at least 25 years old by now, so I tend to THINK that I know how important I THINK breakfast is everyday. See? No problem thinking, and it's after 12pm!

I was speeding through town and decided to turn into McDonald's for breakfast because I figured the line wouldn't be wrapped around the building. [I have yet to understand why Americans are so lazy and would rather allow gas to pour out of our vehicles while idling for 15 minutes all for the sake of a biscuit slathered in bacon grease]. No one was waiting, so I pulled up to the speaker and put my hand to my mouth to muffle my laughter as I always do when the auto-attendant comes on. It's generally a good idea to have a voice that is "transparent "and not obviously "Southern," but I guess there were no "transparent sounding" employees at work the day the announcements were recorded. At the insistence of the "Southern" sounding auto-attendant, I ordered the Fruit and Maple oatmeal, and boy, what a great little find! There was actually tangible fruit contained and the oatmeal was even yummy. To top it off, I can keep my figure (or what's left of it) after eating it because the calorie count is relatively low for a McDonald's treat. Now, I'm not saying that you'll be stuffed after eating only one bowl of it, but it's a least worth a taste.

I think of a Sex and the City episode when Miranda calls the Chinese restaurant and they already know what she wants to order. I will probably become the Miranda of McDonald's with this oatmeal!



No comments:

Post a Comment