Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cowboy Baby Shower Dessert Table

I had the opportunity to host a baby shower this past Saturday which is something I've never done before. This was probably the first and last time that I'll ever do it because quite frankly, I'd rather work with a bride-zilla than an emotional, pregnant woman! She knows that I love her to pieces, but geesh. cut me a little slack! I think the most fun part of putting it together was doing what I call the "dessert" table. I think that I'd eaten so much prior to it beginning that I wasn't hungry during the shower, and there were mountains of food! The food was absolutely delicious, so thanks to my mother and one of her good friends for making that happen! Here are a few of the pictures from the Cowboy themed shower.



I had to improvise with the balloons because the cowboy boot printed balloons burst each time we tried to fill them with helium!



Burlap, raffia, and twine were my "best friends!"



I made the little "baby" sign from styrofoam letters that I purchased from Hobby Lobby. I painted them with blue acrylic paint and tied them up with blue bandanas to go along with the theme.



I found the cute little cowboy boots on Oriental Trading and filled them up with Jell-O. I used twine on the candy jars to add a more rustic look to the table. I didn't quite finish decorating the cupcake tower because I ran out of time, so I have plenty of bandana themed ribbon that's waiting to be used for something else! BTW, those are brownies instead of cupcakes, and they were yummy!



The haystack took up much of the gifts table, so we had to relocate the other gifts to another table.



My mom loaned me her beloved cowboy boots to use as props at the shower. I had to listen to a lecture on boots that I purchased for her anyway! I couldn't quite get them to stand up straight, but they managed to not fall off.




No comments:

Post a Comment