Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Goodies...Better Late Than Never!

This year for Valentine's, I felt like such a slacker because I normally make cute little treats for my daughters' classes, but this year, I committed the sin of all sins....I bought pre-made treats! I was exhausted because I had gone out of town for the weekend, but I knew that they couldn't show up without anything. Unfortunately, Wal-mart was the destination, and the shelves were pretty barren by the time I had gotten there. The aisles were swarming with last minute V-Day shoppers, and it was not pretty. I managed to get away with some decent looking treats, but the taste...now that's another story.

I found these little red sugar cookies shaped like lips. They were covered in red sugar crystals. The cookies also contained sugar heart cookies iced with pink icing and heart-shaped sprinkles. They looked cute, but tasted awful, but what could I do at that point? I bagged them up in some little sandwich baggies that I had with hearts on them, and tied them with cute little V-day ribbon. Here's what the bags looked like:


My youngest daughter loves the Princess and the Frog, so it was a no-brainer to get her these Valentine's cards. I had actually purchased these months ago. Luckily, they had cards that were suitable for both boys and girls because I don't think a little boy would be enchanted by Princess Tiana in a wedding dress (at least we hope).

I couldn't figure out what to do with the Valentine's cards and cookies because they were store bought, and I didn't have time to try to personalize anything. I went to the dreaded "back room," as we call it, and found these little take-out boxes that I must have purchased last year or some other time. Aren't they cute?


I placed the cookie bags inside the boxes because I had no candy or other treats to fill the boxes with, and I attached the Princess and the Frog cards to the boxes. This was a fast, quick, and in a hurry V-Day treat package, but it wasn't the worst!

My oldest daughter thought that it would be utterly humiliating for her to show up to her 6th grade class with cutesy little treats, so she opted for me to not purchase anything for her class. She did, however, have to bring a Valentine's present for one of her fellow Junior Beta members, so I put this basket together with little items that we had around the house and a few things that I picked up from Wal-mart. The basket contained a cute teddy bear, a Valentine's-themed paddle ball, a heart shaped pen and pad, a heart shaped swirl pop, a box of chocolates, a chocolate teddy bear, sugar cookies from above, and some Victoria's Secret Strawberries and Champagne hand cream courtesy of my mother. Mom simply detests purchasing what she calls "watery lotion or cream" and agrees that you should never give anything to anyone that you would not want to have for yourself! I hope the little girl enjoyed the basket!

Next year, I will definitely be prepared with personalized, home-made goodies!







No comments:

Post a Comment